UX/UI Designer Job Description
Fresh Tilled Soil recently named by Boston Business Journal best place to work in the small business category is a fast-growing UI/UX design firm based in Waltham, MA and now in San Francisco, CA. We are currently seeking a UX/UI designer for web and mobile applications to be part of our amazing team. We’re a disciplined and passionate team that has designed over 400 websites, applications, and mobile apps over the last 5 years.
What will you be doing?
The UX/UI designer will work in a team environment in the design and execution of web and mobile products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in user experience definition and user interface design.
- If you know why UX and UI need to play nicely in the web and mobile application sandbox — then you know our clients.
- If you understand that creative design and experience design functions live under one roof — then you know us.
- If you are the evangelist and the architect for the products you work on — then you know our passion.
- If you see how science and art come together in the design and development of a web application — then you know how we work.
- If designing world-class web and mobile products is something you eat, sleep, and dream – then you’ll be in good company.
- Deliver best-in-class architecture, user experience, and aesthetic solutions across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile user interface design. For mobile, understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to dedicated native applications
- Research, understand, and distill complex information and create logical, best-practice architecture and user interfaces.
- Ideate, produce, and present project deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and concept designs to demonstrate and sell recommended solutions.
- Produce aesthetically rich user interface designs in Photoshop or Fireworks for web and mobile applications.
- Work with client services, sales, and the design team, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Participate in discussions with clients about user definition, UX, and UI development, and help them think through how best to achieve their business objectives through quality user experience and user interface design.
- Understand Agile methodology and instill best practices into the design process.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative discipline (preferred but not required).
Minimum 3+ years in a UI/UX design position.
Please contact Richard Banfield, email@example.com, with your online portfolio, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for Fresh Tilled Soil. Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.