Creative Director Job Description
Fresh Tilled Soil is a fast-growing UI/UX design firm based in Waltham, MA. We are currently seeking a Creative Director to be part of our amazing team. We’re a disciplined and passionate team that has designed over 400 websites, applications, and mobile apps over the last 5 years.
What will you be doing?
The Creative Director will work alongside our Chief Experience Officer in the strategic design and execution of web and mobile products. Primarily responsible for the user interface design team, the ideal candidate is a creative thinker who will provide design leadership on all client projects.
- If you know why UX and UI need to play nicely in the web and mobile application sandbox — then you know our clients.
- If you understand that creative design and experience design functions live under one roof — then you know us.
- If you are the evangelist and the architect for the products you work on — then you know our passion.
- If you see how science and art come together in the design and development of a web application — then you know how we work.
- If you can harness the creativity of a design team in the delivery of inspired design — then you know our clients and their expectations.
- If designing world-class web and mobile products is something you eat, sleep, and dream – then you’ll be in good company.
- Deliver best-in-class architecture, user experience, and aesthetic solutions across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Direct, lead, and inspire our talented design team.
- Work with client services, sales, and the design team to set the vision, define priorities, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Lead strategic discussions with clients about user definition, UX, and UI development, and help them think through how best to achieve their business objectives through quality user experience and user interface design.
- Communicate with clients and internal team in verbal and written form to ensure that ideas, designs, and outcomes perform at the highest level.
- Understand and distill complex information and create logical, best-practice architecture and user interfaces.
- Create and present project deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and concept designs to demonstrate and sell recommended solutions.
- Understand Agile methodology and instill best practices into the design process.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative discipline (preferred but not required).
Minimum 3+ years in a strategic and/or managerial UI/UX design position.
Please contact Richard Banfield, email@example.com, with your online portfolio, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for Fresh Tilled Soil. Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.