Front-End Developer Job Description
Fresh Tilled Soil is a fast-growing UI/UX design firm based in Waltham, MA. We are currently seeking a front-end developer for web and mobile applications to be part of our amazing team. We’re a disciplined and passionate team that has designed over 400 websites, applications, and mobile apps over the last 5 years.
What will you be doing?
The front-end developer will work in a team environment in the design and execution of web and mobile products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in user experience definition and user interface design.
- If you know why UX and UI need to play nicely in the web and mobile application sandbox — then you know our clients.
- If you understand that creative design and experience design functions live under one roof — then you know us.
- If you are the evangelist and the architect for the products you work on — then you know our passion.
- If you see how science and art come together in the design and development of a web application — then you know how we work.
- If creating world-class web and mobile products is something you eat, sleep, and dream – then you’ll be in good company.
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications.
- Have experience with:
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files
- PHP include function to manage common elements
- Subversion or other version control system
- Analytics solutions, such as Google Analytics
- Developing for search engine optimization
- Standards-compliant code
- Integrating HTML/CSS into ASP.NET environment using Visual Studio
- Work with client services, sales, and the design team, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
- Understand Agile methodology and instill best practices into the process.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related discipline (preferred but not required). Minimum 2+ years in a front-end development position.
Please contact Richard Banfield, email@example.com, with examples of your work, resume, and a brief write-up of why you are interested in this position and a good fit for Fresh Tilled Soil. Please include brief descriptions of your role on specific projects.